SALVAGNINI P4 SHEET METAL BENDING
Salvagnini P4 automated sheet metal panel bending technology and experience at Dalsin presents design opportunities along with the greatest forming accuracy. CNC panel bending maintains tight forming tolerances and repeatable process control through various complex formed geometries.
As formed sheet products achieve design strength vs. gauge strength, equivalent structural strength is formed into thinner gauge panels and enclosures at lower material and manufacturing costs. This Salvagnini P$ design strength initiative can be applied to highly cosmetic, pre-finished, and masked materials. Dalsin’s CNC sheet metal bending technology is extremely useful for part consolidation and re-design for cost reduction.
From Salvagnini, a schematic of P4 automated panel bending: the blank (1) is moved on a horizontal plane by the manipulator (2). A rotator fitted on the manipulator quickly and accurately places the side to be bent in front of the press. The blank-holder (3) holds the blank firmly in position. The bending unit (4) and its blades can then make any number of bends, up (5) or down (6), in rapid succession.
Dalsin processes highly cosmetic sheet materials through the Salvagnini P4 automated forming process, including:
- Stainless steel #4 polished and grained with masking film.
- Aluminum grained, with and without masking film.
- Pre-painted aluminum and steel.
- Pre-primed aluminum and steel.
Sample Applications of CNC Sheet Metal Panel Bending:
- Electrical Cabinets, control boxes and enclosures
- Precision panels for computer chassis, heat exchangers and vending machines
- Tool drawers for utility trucks
- RV door panels
- Doors, Drawers & Shelves
- Metal Furniture
- Light Fixtures
- Refrigeration Equipment
- Appliance doors and panels
- Floor & Ceiling Systems
- Boxes & Enclosures
- Shrouds and Pans up to 6" deep
Automated forming in high volume P4 panel bending multiple systems.