Dalsin Industries is a third generation family owned business established in 1945. We are a renowned industry leader excelling in: innovative engineering, sheet metal fabrication, stamping, welding, large metal manufacturing, OEM appliance manufacturing and general contract manufacturing. Our commitment to significant and sustainable growth makes Dalsin industries an exciting and rewarding company to join. In addition to the growth at our Bloomington, Minnesota facility, we opened a Phoenix, Arizona facility that is expanding our manufacturing capacity and capabilities. The Phoenix location brings Dalsin Industries closer to some of our existing customers as well as further enables us to grow with new customers and markets.
Dalsin Industries’ Vision: To be a Dynamic and Committed Leader in the precision sheet metal fabrication / manufacturing industry. To deliver on market, employee and shareholder expectations.
Dalsin Industries Values:
- We believe in our People
- We believe in Integrity
- We believe in Diversity
- We believe in Results
We support our employees’ growth by providing a positive atmosphere to help improve upon their strengths and skills through continuous learning methods.
Dalsin Industries is looking for outstanding talented individuals who are trustworthy, dependable, organized, have a positive attitude and bring with them the desire to grow with us. Take a look at our Dalsin Careers Video, to find out more about what it's like working for Dalsin Industries
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.This employer uses E-Verify
Summary: Press brake operators produce parts from metals using a CNC [computer numeric controlled] piece of equipment that produces precision bends, punches or cuts into the material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety policies and procedures in the performance of duties and utilizes and practices methods for continuous improvement.
- Perform setups on a Press brake utilizing the part drawing.
- Read blue prints to interpret appropriate tools to use, bend allowances, bending sequence, type of bend, calculate material tonnage, etc.
- Able to understand the part drawing for making adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed, path of the cut.
- Working knowledge of punch and die configurations, tip radius and the effect on part geometry
- Ensure machines are set up properly, working well and producing quality product
- Perform inspections on produced parts by using precision measuring and gauging equipment.
- Perform and document all Job/Routing procedures as directed.
- Perform material handling functions including packaging.
- Assemble, Load and Maintain Tooling, Fixtures, Jigs, Etc.
- Consistently maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Consistently perform at or above established Production, Quality, and Efficiency Standards.
- Demonstrate high standards of Personal Conduct, Dependability, Versatility and Cooperation.
- Suggest ideas to improve job processes and inform manager of suggestions. Provides feedback to department manager when the job is not running within 20% of standard.
- Provides adequate feedback to Department Managers/Engineering by using M.E.C.R forms and notes on the routing.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos; basic math skills, working knowledge of computer systems
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The job description outlined above is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description.
Supervisory Responsibilities: n/a
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
High School Degree and or GED. 5+ years of press brake experience with set up responsibilities or combination of specific job experience and education.
- Advanced blueprint reading and inspection experience
- Strong math skills and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of DRC back gauge controls and 1 specialized back gauge system.( Race, Cincinnati, etc.)
- Ability to
- Sheet Metal Layout experience (Tangent Correction, Basic Bend Allowance Etc.)
- Understanding of Material Properties including Flatness, Surface Grades, Types, Gauge etc
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The noise level is moderate to high.