Quality Management Systems
Dalsin Industries is fully committed to delivering our OEM customers the highest quality products and services. Application of continuous improvement methods, including a TQM (Total Quality Management) approach, describes our quality management approach.
Our quality policy, imbedded in our Mission and high level strategies, is to consistently exceed our customer's requirements for quality and create long-term customer loyalty. We continually review quality objectives with both our Arizona & Minnesota teams and improve our Quality Management Systems for both locations.
Quality related High Level Strategies
- Focus our efforts toward superior customer satisfaction.
- Understand customers' business needs.
- Provide superior customer defined quality and service.
- Consistently satisfy and exceed customers' requirements for quality and provide "an exceptional buying experience" on each purchase to create long-term loyalty.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Principles with Value Stream Mapping methods throughout the process.
- Quality procedures applied to processes and products at Dalsin:
- Calibration program in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 10012
- First part, in-process, and final inspection Quality programs applied to projects
- Blue Tape first piece quality inspection
- NPI (new product introduction)
- PPAP (production part approval process documentation)
- FAIR (First Article Inspection Reporting)
- FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- PFMEA (Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- CpK (Process Capability Analysis)
- PPM (parts per million) quality rating and reporting
- Poka- Yoke
- Automotive, including European VDA
- RoHS compliance
- ASQ American Society for Quality
- AIAG Automotive Industry Action Group
- FMA Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, International
- PMA Precision Metalforming Association
- MA Manufacturers Alliance and Leaders Alliance
ISO 9001:2008 Certified, ISO 14001 Certified, AWS AISC UL CE NSF TUV CSA Project Certifications