AUTOMATED SHEET METAL PUNCHING
One of the better examples of Dalsin’s commitment to leading the industry in high-volume and high-velocity precision metal manufacturing is showcased in our full sheet metal punching department.
Advanced machine tool technology and metal punching expertise at Dalsin includes the Trumpf Trupunch 5000 fully automated large format punching center.
Dalsin CNC sheet metal punching advantages:
- Industry leading punching rates, achieving 1,350 strokes per minute and part marking at rates up to 3,000 strokes per minute. With pre-loaded tool cartridges, tool change setup time metrics are at 15 minutes or less between tool loads for different sheet types.
- Precision CNC sheet metal punching maintaining tight tolerances:
- Position accuracy at +/- 0.004”
- Repeatability to position at +/- 0.001 inches
- Metal punching head is full CNC 360 degree rotation and height controlling, making many high frequency features possible with the automation, including:
- Form features both up and down in the sheet: louver, lance, emboss, knock-out, counter-bore, counter-sink, extrude, cluster punching, and more.
- 360 degree head rotation making automated tapping straight holes and extruded holes possible at extremely fast rates.
- Rolling rib for controlled form height and rigidity for stiffening properties.
- Rolling debur to deburr and softening punched edges with automation.
- Formed flanges and rolling offset forms.
- First-class punch contours.
- Sheetmaster automated sheet load and unload for 24/7 operations around the clock 7 days per week.
- Punched complete blank part removal to a programmed and precise stacking storage location.
- Sortmaster small part management and removal.
- Gripmaster for skeleton retrieval from the work table.
- Stopa twin tower 54-shelf automated sheet material storage and retrieval system.
- Full sheet processing up to 60” x 120” sheet sizes.
- Dynamic nesting of various parts, after interrogating the MRP schedule the punch program processes various parts cut from the same material and thickness, supporting the goal to maximize sheet utilization and minimize material costs.