Salvagnini P4 Sheet Metal Panel Bending Design Consideration
Technical Specifications and Design Considerations for Salvagnini P4 sheet metal panel bending at Dalsin.
To be the leader in precision metal bending manufacturing, Dalsin works with the Salvagnini P4 flexible manufacturing system. This system offers design flexibility for corner conditions, consolidation of part count, and the processing of pre-painted & PVC coated metals.
The Salvagnini P4 metal panel bending design specifications allow for complex profiles to be worked on without hard tooling, offering design flexibility over conventional sheet metal forming. With the ability to create non-rectangular polygon panel faces and offering precision metal forming with significant cost reductions the Salvagnini P4 metal panel bending design specifications improve repeatability. The flexibility of the sheet metal panel bending design also has the capability to process highly cosmetic, pre-finished, and masked materials while shortening the manufacturing cycle by 30%.
- Repeatability to +/- 0.004"
- Forms up to 0.112" thick steel (12 gauge)
- Forms up to 0.075” thick stainless steel (14 gauge)
- Forms up to 0.120” thick aluminum
- Minimum sheet thickness 0.018” (26 gauge)
- Maximum sheet flat dimensions 98” x 59”
- Maximum sheet flat diagonal dimension 106”
- Maximum enclosure at 6” depth
- Formed radius = 0.015" and larger
The Salvagnini P4 metal panel bending design specifications allow for tighter corner gaps, providing a cleaner panel face appearance and alternate corner locking methods such as lance-form clip, rivet, and interlocking features.
- Elimination of corner welds
- Eliminate welding operation
- Eliminate finishing
- Eliminate variation in appearance
By eliminating fixture requirements through self-fixturing design, you can increase the consistency and quality of your products all while reducing assembly time. This means fewer engineering drawings to maintain and parts to order and handle.
- Fewer equipment setups
- Fewer processing operations
- Fewer fasteners, fewer welds
- Fewer seams for paint chemical leaching
- Reduction in overall assembly weight
- Increased Panel Rigidity With Edge Box Structure (see picture below)
have a question?
Contact an engineer
Fill out this form or give us a call today to learn how we might assist in manufacturing your precision metal products. * Indicates a required field1-800-258-2260